Study Cycle: 2
ECTS credit: 4
Lecturer(s): red. prof. dr. Pettan Svanibor Hubert
• Geographic, historical, demographic, linguistic, religious and musical overview of the region with eight South-Asian countries.
• In-depth study of diverse musics in the cultural contexts of India and Sri Lanka.
• Hindustani and Carnatic traditions: music theory, learning process, important personalities.
• Indian film music.
• Traces of South-Asian musics in Europe.
• South-Asian musics in Slovenia.
Topics and themes for individual assignements are changed with every iteration of the subject.