Selected Topics in Asian Philosophies
ECTS credit: 5
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Petek Nina
1. Introduction to selected philosophical traditions and strands in India, China, Japan, Tibet (Buddhism, Daoism, Indian philosophical schools etc.), and with the development of particular philosophical doctrines, ideas, concepts and mutual influences among the schools.
2. Analysis of nature of human's existential situation as it is regarded in particular systems of philosophical thought, and presentation of various soteriological approaches.
3. Investigation of different theories about r(R)eality, questions about relation between appearance and transcendence, knowledge and epistemic abilities dilemmas, introduction to philosophy of language, antique cosmology and contemporary philosophical discussions on universe, space and time.
4. Examination of essential doctrines of the rich aesthetic tradition in different Asian philosophical schools and its fundamental intertwinement with metaphysics and its presumptions.
5. Insight into the inseparable relation between soul/mind and body in the process of achieving the highest knowledge.
6. Investigation of answers and solutions, represented by selected Asian philosophical traditions, on actual dilemmas, predominantly related to questions of ethics and responsibility in globalised world.
7. Analysis of different layers of a dialogue between »West« and Asia and critical insight into the »Western« perception of Asian philosophical traditions.