Field Work in History in Elementary and Secondary School
Study Cycle: 2
Lecturer(s): red. prof. dr. Trškan Danijela
1. Introduction to the field work: extra-curricular activities in elementary and secondary schools, museums, archives, the Centre for school and outdoor education, learning by discovery, experiential learning, pupils with special needs, historical sources, oral history, archaeological sources, local history, cultural heritage.
2. Practical museum work: observing and discovering rooms, objects, pictorial, written and audio-visual materials in museums, interviews and preparation of activity sheets.
3. Practical archival work: observing and examining the written material in archives, interviews and preparation of activity sheets.
4. Practical field work in a home town: historical field work methods, observing and examining monuments, objects, streets, buildings; preparation of activity sheets and educational trails.
5. Conclusion: project work and report of field work with interviews.