Translation Seminar IV (ENG-SLO): Localization and translation projects
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Vintar Špela
1. Introduction to localization: localization, globalization, transcreation. Tools and workflows in localization projects.
2. Markup languages: XML, HTML. Data formats: TMX, TBX, XLIFF. Converting between formats. Regular expressions.
3. Technical translation: legal requirements, structuring documentation, translation strategies. Frequently used symbols and abbreviations. Technical aspects.
4. Marketing translation and adaptation, transcreation. The structure of web sites.
5. Tools: CAT tools, localization tools, machine translation.
6. Translation project for a real-world client. Complete execution of project including financial planning, resource preparation, linguistic stages, invoicing and final analysis.