izr. prof. dr. Robert Masten
- Education and competences:
- PhD (2003), Specialist of psychological counselling (2010), MA psychology (1995), BA Psychology (1992), all University of Ljubljana.
- Integrative psychotherapist (2008), Europäische Akademie fu?r Psychosoziale Gesundheit Du?sseldorf
- EuroPsy dyploma Area of practice: Clinical and health psychology
- Certified aviation psychologist European Association of Aviation Psychology.
- 2008 – ongoing: University professor for Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy; 2010 – ongoing: Chair of Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy; 1.10.2002 ongoing: full time employment at Department of Psychology, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, till 2008: Assistant for clinical psychology;
- 2008 - 2017: Student counselling service FF UL.
- 1.11.1996 - 2002: part time employment
- 1993 - 2002: Ministry of Defence, Slovenian Armed Forces, (3 positions: psychologist in Battalion, General Staff, Military education Center).
- 1992 - 1993: Advertising Agency, d.o.o.;
- Other work tasks:
- 2019 - : Independent consultant Civil Aviation Agency
- May 2019 – February 2025: Ombudsman's counsel for human rights
- 2017 - : Commission for Special Proficiency Testing for Candidates for Forensic Expertise in the Field of Psychology, Family Psychology, Ministry of Justice.
- 2017 - : Working group for the preparation of the proposal for the normative regulation of psychotherapy in Slovenia, Ministry for Health
- 2011 – ongoing: Member of Committee of Ethics of Faculty of Arts University of Ljubljana
- 2018 – : Member of Editorial Board: Clinical Psychology in Europe CPE (ISSN 2625–3410)
- 2008 – ongoing: counselling and psychotherapy (private)
- Member of NAC EuroPsy – S (Psychotherapy), previously member of NAC EuroPsy
- EFPPA Standing Committee on Disaster, Crisis and Trauma Psychology http://www.disaster.efpa.eu/
- 2008 till 2013 chair of Commission for test and testing
- Kosovo Accreditation Agency KAA (2010 – 2018)
- Member of professional associations:
- European Association of Clinical Psychology and Psychological Treatment (EACLIPT)
- European Association for Integrative Therapy and Supervision (EAIT)
- European Association for Aviation Psychology (EAAP)
- Slovenian Psychological Association, Section for psychotherapy and psychological counselling
- Slovenian association of integrative psychotherapy in European association of bio-psycho-social health
- Mentorships: PhD’s: 9; Masters(Bologna) in BA’s (“preBologna“): cca 100
- Awarded diploma works:
- Best dissertation 2016/2017, social sciences: Peter Janjušević PhD, “Violence Risk Assessment in Adolescents with Behavioral Disorders“, mentor: assoc. prof. Robert Masten, co-mentor: assoc. prof. Gregor Sočan.
- “Prešeren award“ Faculty of Arts UL 2014/15: Tina Rehberger, “Analyses of behavioral and psychodinamical therapies for ASD“
- Cooperation with foreign universities:
- Invited lectures:
- Importance of work and achievement for developement of Identity of Adolescents, Europatriates congress - Future Prospects Instead of Youth Unemployment, Saabrücken, 2014
- Challenges of adolescence and early adulthood, 14. Study days of Slovenian Umbrella organisation of psychotherapy SKZP – Challenges of early adulthood, Zreče, Slovenia 2017
- Research interests:
- Relations between pato-salutogenesis
- Societal processes in relation to mental health
- Health in transition to adulthood (adulthood, responsibility, maturity) in relation to health
- Positive, side effects and iatrogenic effects of psychological interventions (incl. psychotherapy)
- Stress, coping, work efficiency and wellbeing
- Rehabilitation after injuries
- Aviation psychology